Thursday, August 26, 2010

Men are from Mars...Universe is Venus Raj

 Venus Raj is the the New Hero of our beloved land.We have to admit that that darn question is a difficult one to answer. "What is the biggest mistake that you have ever done?" Definitely, it will require you to reflect, or a least to be able to draw out something concrete from memory. But for the Ms. Universe contestant, there is a pressure to come up with a quick answer lest you wanna be seen slow. So I think, the critics of Ms. Raj are too quick to judge--lacked some sense of empathy.

 Im not really a fan of beauty contests but this one blog post fascinates me...Me say everyone of us are all winners in our special way...

The Best Answers in Miss Universe by laboyboy

Monday, July 12, 2010

 2009 - In many part of the world obstacle still exists that impede women from achieving their goals in some corporations. What can women do to overcome this?

"I believe that nowadays we women have overcome many obstacles and I do believe that we have reached the same level as man have. We must realize that there are no longer any barriers amongst us." -- Stefania Fernandez, Miss Universe 2009 from Venezuela

2008 - Which have it easier in life: men or women?
"God made us to share and have differences, but big differences?... i don't think so. The difference is that men think, they think that the faster way to go to a point is to go straight, and women know that the faster way to go to a point is go the curves" -- Dayana Mendoza, Miss Universe 2008 from Venezuela

2007 - What is the one lesson you learned as a child that still affects your life today?
"I have been dancing since I was a child. I grew up among many students and teachers. I learned to always be happy, patient and positive. That is also what I want to teach to the next generation. Thank you." -- Riyo Mori, Miss Universe 2007 from Japan

2002 - What makes you blush?

"When I say the wrong things." -- Oxana Fedorova, Miss Universe 2002 from Russia

2000 - Right now there is a protest going on right outside here calling the Miss Universe Pageant disrespectful of women. Convince them they are wrong.
"I think pageant... I think pageants like the Miss Universe pageant gives us young women a platform to foray in the fields that we want to and forge ahead, be it entrepreneurship, be it the armed force, be it politics. It gives us a platform to voice our choices and opinions, and makes us strong, independent that we are today." -- Lara Dutta, Miss Universe 2000 from India


1999 - Should Miss Universe be allowed to keep her crown if she became pregnant?
"Personally, I think it should not in any way interrupt her duties. She should be allowed to celebrate her femininity." -- Mpule Kwelagobe, Miss Universe 1999 from Botswana

1997 - If there were no rules in your life for one day and you could be outrageous, what would you do?
"I will eat everything in the world, and you do not understand, I will eat everything twice." -- Brook Mahealani Lee, Miss Universe 1997 from USA

1994 - What is the essence of being a woman?

"Just being a woman is God's gift. The origin of a child is a mother, a woman. She shows a man what sharing, caring and loving is all about. That is the essence of a woman." -- Sushmita Sen, Miss Universe 1994 from India

1991 - What is the most difficult problem is facing your country today and what do you think should be done about it?
"Well i think the most recently thing we have in hand is the free trade we are working in. and i think it will be hard for my country because we have to compete with very advanced technology from other countries that are recent than we are but i know we are gonna make it i know we are a big country and our people are great so i feel hope with my people." -- Lupita Jones, Miss Universe 1991 from Mexico

1973 - If you had one million dollars what would you do with it?

"I would buy a big house where I can live with all the people I love". -- Margie Moran, Miss Universe 1973 from the Philippines

1969 - In the next day or so, a man will land on the moon. If a man from the moon landed in your hometown, what would you do to entertain him?

"Oh, just the same things I do. I think if he has been on the moon for so long, I think when he comes over he wants to change, I guess." -- Gloria Diaz, Miss Universe 1969 from the Philippines


for more wonderful posts you can check out:
source: http://laboyboy.blogspot.com/