Wednesday, June 23, 2010

20 Madonna Greatest Hits


madonna is my icon.
She can be, a dominatrix, cowgirl, disco queen, belic warrior, sacrilegic prayer, a fighter on a box ring...
she is the reason why i dare myself to be different despite of my conservative upbringing haha
this is a tribute to her powerful music that moved me throughout the years
since she's already on the biz long before i was born i'll give you all 20 songs instead of the usual ten plus my favorite lines from the song


20 I'll Remember 1995
(ost- with honors)
 i remember myself singing this song on my hugh school graduation.

I learned to let go of the illusion that we can possess
I learned to let go, I travel in stillness And I'll remember happiness




19.  You'll See 1995
( something to remember)
very positive and fierce


You think that I can never laugh again  You'll see,
You think that you destroyed my faith in love.
You think after all you've done I'll never find my way back home,
You'll see Somehow, someday





18. Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazón) (Ricky Martin feat. Madonna)
(Ricky Martin album)


If I could reach out to you Nothing will stop me Take your head in my handsTell me what would you do Kiss your eyes, sing you to sleepYour voice sounds like a lullaby Is my heart this time to keep 



17.  Music- 2000
Music album
 Don't think of yesterday  And I don't look at the clock  I like to boogie-woogie, uh, uh
It's like riding on the wind  And it never goes away  Touches everything I'm in  Got to have it everyday 

 

16 Crazy for You- 1985
 Vision Quest
local remakes of this song is nothing compared to the original


I'm crazy for you Touch me once and you'll know it's true
I never wanted anyone like this It's all brand new, you'll feel it in my kiss
You'll feel it in my kiss because I'm crazy for you




15 Like a Virgin- 1984
Like a Virgin album 


 This is everyone's After Sex Song...
 Gonna give you all my love, boy My fear is fading fast
Been saving it all for you 'Cause only love can last





13 Drowned World/ Substitute for Love- 1998
(Ray Of Light)

The video features Madonna leaving her home and being chased by paparazzi. She is constantly running, even from the other celebrities in a hotel bar. In this scene all the celebrities faces, except Madonna's, are distorted to make everyone look demonic. One of the most striking and memorable moments of the video occurs when Madonna passes a hotel maid, smiling at her. Madonna returns the smile. Then the camera goes off; the maid has just taken a picture of her. Madonna flees, running all the way home to her daughter's Lourdes arms, singing that she's "changed her mind" about being a celebrity. (I can feel for her.. :) )

I had so many lovers Who settled for the thrill
Of basking in my spotlight I never felt so happy
The face of you My substitute for love My substitute for love
Should I wait for you My substitute for love My substitute for love






12 4 minutes -2008
(Hard Candy)
 Justin and Madonna looks very sexy together

I want somebody to speed it up for me Then take it down slow There's enough room for both
Well, I can handle that You just gotta show me where it's at Are you ready to go





11. You Must Love Me- 1996
( Evita Soundtrack)
This is the song you sing when the apple of your eyes keeps on ignoring you. haha. It is one of her most heartfelt song.
Deep in my heart I'm concealing Things that I'm longing to say
Scared to confess what I'm feeling Frightened you'll slip away
You must love me

 

10 Frozen- 1998
( Ray of Light) 

Do you know that maddie was accused of Plagiarism for this song was stolen from the song "Ma vie fout le camp", composed by Salvatore Acquaviva of  Mouscron? wtf!
anyway the video paved way to "henna tattoos" famous during summer.
 

9 Ray of Light-1999 
(Ray of Light)
this song literally takes my breath away..uhuh- uhuh uhuh...

 Faster than the speeding light she's flying Trying to remember where it all began
She's got herself a little piece of heaven Waiting for the time when Earth shall be as one






8. Nothing Really Matters- 1999
(ray of Light)
 She turned herself as the most amazing geisha..love this
Nothing really matters Love is all we need
Everything I give you All comes back to me
Looking at my life It's very clear to me
I lived so selfishly I was the only one
I realize That nobody wins
Something is ending And something begins






7.  Don't Tell Me- 2001
(Music)

this song was played in Queer as Folk when Justin refuses  to go home. I love that part.
and i love the song's message... this should be this blog's theme song :)

Don't you ever Tell me love isn't true  It's just something that we do  Don't you ever
Tell me everything I'm not but don't ever tell me to stop




6. If you forget me- 1994
( poem by Pablo Neruda) 

this is an unrealeased track by i love the poem so much..i love the chillout version...relaxing..
Well, now If little by little you stop loving me I shall stop loving you
Little by little If suddenly you forget me
Do not look for me For I shall already have forgotten you

 

5. Take a Bow 1994
(Bedtime Stories)
this my heartbreak song...
I've always been in love with you I guess you've always known it's true
You took my love for granted, why oh why The show is over, say good-bye


 4. Time Stood Still-2000
(the Next best Thing soundtrack)
this song was made was not released but it carried the most beautiful verses.I've sung this song countless times in my head..
Despair, regret, and tenderness Is what I feel for you
I loved you from the very start What else could I do
You read my mind, you made me cry Time stood still
And now I know the reasons whyTime stood still
Maybe you're the next best thing to happen All the things we might have been


 

3. The Power of Goodbye 1998
(Ray Of Light) 
  the song that says...."it's not me, it's you"
Your heart is not open, so I must go The spell has been broken...I loved you so
You were my lesson I had to learn I was your fortress
There's nothing left to lose There's no more heart to bruise
There's no greater power than the power of good-bye


2. Jump- 2006
Confessions on a Dancefloor
this was played on the season finale of Ugly Betty. very postive and uplifting song..:) I play this on my way to work.
We learned our lesson from the start, my sisters and me
The only thing you can depend on is your family
And life’s gonna drop you down like the limbs of a tree
It sways and it swings and it bends until it makes you see

are you ready to jump?




 1. Human Nature-1995
Bedtime Stories

I love everything about this song...the lyrics and video are both epic and awesome.

Did I say something true?Oops, I didn't know I couldn't talk about sex [I musta been crazy]
Did I have a point of view? Oops, I didn't know I couldn't talk about you [What was I thinking]

And I'm not sorry [I'm not sorry] It's human nature [it's human nature]
And I'm not sorry [I'm not sorry] Im not your bitch don't hang your shit on me[ Its human nature]