Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Melanie Marquez Quotes


* MELANIE MARQUEZ ANSWERING ATE LUDS QUESTION: Paano ka nag-susurvive sa mga trials mo?2) Ano kasi , she is, I mean she was, kasi past tense na nga pala...


* Eddie Mercado: Angie Dickinson has insured her legs for a million dollar, would you also do the same?
Melanie Marquez: NO, of course no, because I am proud and contented with my long legged.
With this answer, she bagged the crown and eventually won the Miss International in 1978.


* I won't stoop down to my level.

* Hello? Bulag ka ba? Bingi ka ba? Are you dep?

* 'Yung STD, baka sa maruming toilet lang niya nakuha yan.

* Eh, ikaw ba naman, durugin ang ari mo... Pag di ka ba naman manutok ng baril.

* We are lovers, not fighters.

* My brother is not a girl; he's a gentleman.

* That's why I'm a success, it's because I don't middle in other people's lives.

* Don't judge my brother; he's not a book.

* Kapatid ko pa rin siya. We are one and the same.

* I don't eat meat. I'm not a carnival.

* Eto na po ang pinakamaligayang pasko at manigong taon sa inyong lahat. (During her acceptance speech at a Metro Filmfest awards night where her bioflick, directed by her late father Temyong Marquez, won an award.

* Sumasakit ang migraine ko.

* Ang tatay ko ang only living legend na buhay!

* Period na talaga; wala nang exclamation point. (When asked on S-Files if her present husband, Adam Lawyer, is her Mr. Right.).

* At a talk show after her break-up with Derek Dee, Melanie was asked if she had some words for Derek's mother (whom she partly blamed for the separation). "Oo nga," said Melanie, "pero i-English-in ko para maintindihan niya." She looked into the camera and, with the peremptoriness of royalty, said, "And to you, Mrs. Dee, I have two words for you. Ang labo mo!"

* When asked for a message to her daughter who was allegedly abused by their houseboy: "Don't worry little angel, big angel is here."

* On what they should do to the houseboy who molested her kid: "He should be put behind bar."

* "You can fool me once, you can even fool me twice, you can even fool me thrice. But you can never fool me four"

* While waiting backstage during a noontime show, after watching Nikki Valdez do her dance number. "Nikki, you're so galing. You should go to the States. You will sell hotcakes"